A Study of Zanidatamab (ZW25) With Evorpacept (ALX148) in Patients With Advanced HER2-expressing Cancer
a study on HER2
This study is being done to find out if zanidatamab when given with evorpacept (ALX148) is safe and can treat patients with advanced (locally advanced [inoperable] and/or metastatic) human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)-expressing cancer.
A Phase 1b/2, 2-part Open-label Study to Assess the Safety and Antitumor Activity of Zanidatamab in Combination With ALX148 in Advanced HER2-expressing Cancer
Part 1 of the study will first evaluate the safety and tolerability and establish the recommended doses (RDs) of zanidatamab in combination with evorpacept (ALX148). Part 2 of the study will evaluate the anti-tumor activity of the combination of zanidatamab plus evorpacept (ALX148) at the RD levels in indication-specific expansion cohorts.
HER2-expressing Cancers, JZP598, Zanidatamab, Evorpacept, Zanidatamab plus evorpacept (ALX148)
You can join if…
Open to people ages 18 years and up
- Locally advanced (inoperable) and/or metastatic HER2-expressing cancer based on local or central laboratory test results as follows:
- Parts 1 and 2: HER2-positive breast cancer as defined per American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)/ College of American Pathologists (CAP) guidelines
- Parts 1 and 2: HER2-low breast cancer (defined as immunohistochemistry [IHC] 1+ or IHC 2+; AND is currently not and has never been HER2-positive per the ASCO/CAP guidelines)
- Part 2: HER2-positive gastroesophageal adenocarcinoma as defined per the ASCO/CAP gastric cancer-specific guidelines; or other HER2-overexpressing non-breast cancers (defined as IHC 3+; or IHC 2+ and in situ hybridization [ISH]+) per the ASCO/CAP guidelines for breast cancer
- Progression after or during the most recent systemic regimen of treatment for advanced cancer. For both Part 1 and Part 2, prior therapies must have included approved agents known to confer clinical benefit.
- Subjects with HER2-positive breast cancer who did not receive trastuzumab or pertuzumab due to medical contraindications will not be eligible for this study
- Subjects with HER2-low breast cancer who have received prior HER2-targeted therapy (other than trastuzumab deruxtecan, which is allowed but not required) will not be eligible for this study
- Measurable disease per Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumors version 1.1 (RECIST 1.1)
- Willingness to undergo a new biopsy to provide a tumor tissue for central laboratory testing of HER2 protein expression and gene amplification by IHC and ISH assays, respectively
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status of 0 or 1
- Adequate organ functions
- Adequate cardiac left ventricular function, as defined by a left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF) ≥ 50% as determined by either echocardiogram or multiple gated acquisition scan (MUGA) obtained within 4 weeks prior to first dose of study treatment
You CAN'T join if...
- Previous allogeneic stem cell transplant
- Prior treatment with any anti-CD47 or anti-signal regulatory protein alpha (SIRPα) agent
- Prior or concurrent invasive malignancy whose natural history or treatment has, in the opinion of the investigator or medical monitor, the potential to interfere with the safety or efficacy assessment of the investigational regimen
- Received systemic anticancer therapy within 4 weeks of starting study treatment (6 weeks for mitomycin C or nitrosoureas). Received radiotherapy within 2 weeks of the first dose of zanidatamab/evorpacept (ALX148)
- Untreated brain metastases, symptomatic brain metastases; or radiation treatment (stereotactic radiosurgery and whole brain radiation) for brain metastases within 2 weeks of start of study treatment
- Known leptomeningeal disease
- Active hepatitis
- Infection with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-1 or HIV-2. (Exception: Subjects with well controlled HIV [e.g., CD4 > 350/mm3 and undetectable viral load] are eligible.)
- QTc Fridericia (QTcF) > 470 ms
- History of myocardial infarction or unstable angina within 6 months prior to enrollment, troponin levels consistent with myocardial infarction, or clinically significant cardiac disease, such as ventricular arrhythmia requiring therapy, uncontrolled hypertension, or any history of symptomatic congestive heart failure
- Acute or chronic uncontrolled pancreatitis or Child-Pugh Class C liver disease
- UC Irvine Health - Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
accepting new patients
Orange California 92868 United States
- Pacific Center Medical Center, Inc.
accepting new patients
Anaheim California 92801 United States
- UCLA Department of Medicine Hematology/Oncology
accepting new patients
Los Angeles California 90095 United States
- accepting new patients
- Start Date
- Completion Date
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals
- Phase 1/2 HER2 Research Study
- Study Type
- Expecting 93 study participants
- Last Updated
Please contact me about this study
We will not share your information with anyone other than the team in charge of this study. Submitting your contact information does not obligate you to participate in research.
The study team should get back to you in a few business days.