Phase 3 Randomized, Double-blind, Controlled Study of ICT-107 in Glioblastoma
a study on Astrocytoma Glioblastoma Glioma
- for people ages 18 years and up (full criteria)
- at Orange, California and other locations
- study startedestimated completion
ICT-107 consists of dendritic cells, prepared from autologous mononuclear cells that are pulsed with six synthetic peptides that were derived from tumor associated antigens (TAA) present on glioblastoma tumor cells. This is a Phase 3 study to evaluate ICT-107 in patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma. Subjects will be randomized to receive standard of care chemoradiation (temozolomide (TMZ) with either ICT-107 or a blinded control. Reinfusion with the pulsed dendritic cells should stimulate cytotoxic T cells to specifically target glioblastoma tumour cells.
A Phase 3 Randomized Double-blind, Controlled Study of ICT-107 With Maintenance Temozolomide (TMZ) in Newly Diagnosed Glioblastoma Following Resection and Concomitant TMZ Chemoradiotherapy
This is a double blind Phase III study where eligible subjects are randomized into two treatment arms following the SOC primary treatment with chemoradiation: Arm 1 will receive ICT-107 in combination with the standard of care, temozolomide (TMZ), Arm 2 will receive TMZ with a blinded control. A 1:1 randomization will be employed, where ARM 1 will receive ICT-107 and Arm 2 will receive placebo control. All subjects must be HLA-A2+. All subjects must have glioblastoma tissue that has tumor assessment for MGMT methylation status prior to randomization (for stratification). Subjects will have had tumor resection and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) prior to enrollment into the study. After signing of written informed consent and any required privacy compliance forms and screening, enrolled subjects will undergo large volume apheresis at the study site for collection of PBMCs. Apheresis product will be sent to the manufacturing site where both active therapy (ICT-107) and control will be prepared for each subject prior to randomization The study period consists of 4 time periods; a 6-week Post-Surgery Standard of Care Treatment Phase where subjects receive radiotherapy and TMZ; TMZ and radiation to be initiated no more than 8 weeks after surgical resection of glioblastoma; a Rest Period of no more than 14 days where subjects are reassessed for eligibility, and then randomized; a 4 week Induction Phase where study therapy (ICT-107 or Control) is given weekly; followed by a Maintenance Phase where study therapy is given monthly for 11 months, and then every 6 months until either progression, withdrawal from the study, death, or the supply of autologous study therapy is exhausted. Randomized subjects will receive 4 weekly administrations of subject-specific study therapy (ICT-107 or Control) during the Induction Phase. No TMZ will be given during the 4 week Induction Phase. Each study therapy injection will be delivered intradermally (axilla).
The Maintenance Phase will consist of administration of subject-specific study therapy monthly for 11 months after the Induction Phase (for a total of 15 injections over 12 months during the Induction and Maintenance Phases), and then every 6 mos. thereafter until depletion or confirmation of progressive disease (PD). During the Maintenance Phase (where ICT-107 or control are given monthly), the administration of TMZ and subject specific study therapy or control will be separated in time by approximately 2 weeks (see Section 9.1.4). Pre-treatment, treatment and assessment schedules will be the same for all subjects.
Glioblastoma Multiforme, Glioblastoma, ICT-107
You can join if…
Open to people ages 18 years and up
- Subjects must understand and sign the study specific informed consent
- Subjects must be in primary remission
- Subjects should have < 1 cm3 disease by MRI within the previous 4 weeks (by central read)
- Subjects must be HLA-A2 positive by central lab
- Subjects must have adequate renal, hepatic and bone marrow function based on screening laboratory assessments. Baseline hematologic studies and chemistry and coagulation profiles must meet the following criteria:
- Hemoglobin (Hgb) > 8 g/dL
- Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC) > 1000/mm3
- Platelet count > 100,000/mm3
- Blood Urea Nitrogen (BUN) < 30 mg/dL
- Creatinine < 2 mg/dL
- Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP), Aspartate Aminotransferase (AST) and Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT) < 2 x upper limit of normal (ULN)
- Prothrombin Time (PT) and activated partial thromboplastin time (PTT) ≤ 1.6x unless therapeutically warranted
- Subjects must use effective contraceptive methods during the study and for three months following the last dose of study product, if of reproductive age and still retain fertility potential.
- Subjects must have at least one positive DTH skin response (more than 5 mm) to test item challenge prior to randomization.
You CAN'T join if...
- Subjects receiving investigational study drug for any indication or immunological-based treatment for any reason (Filgrastim may be used for prevention of severe neutropenia).
- Subjects with glioblastoma mutated IDH by Immunohistochemistry (IHC)
- Subjects with concurrent conditions that would jeopardize the safety of the subject or compliance with the protocol.
- Subjects with a history of chronic or acute hepatitis C or B infection.
- Subjects require or are likely to require more than a 2-week course of corticosteroids for intercurrent illness. Subjects must have completed the course of corticosteroids at the time of apheresis to meet eligibility.
- Subjects have any acute infection that requires specific therapy. Acute therapy must have been completed within seven days prior to study enrollment.
- Subjects with active other malignancy diagnosed in the past 3 years (excepting in situ tumors)
- Subjects known to be pregnant or nursing.
- University of California Irvine Chao Family Cancer Center
Orange California 92868 United States
- City of Hope Cancer Center
Duarte California 91010 United States
- University of Southern California
Los Angeles California 90033 United States
- currently not accepting new patients, but might later
- Start Date
- Completion Date
- Precision Life Sciences Group
- Phase 3 research study
- Study Type
- Expecting 234 study participants
- Last Updated
Please contact me about this study
We will not share your information with anyone other than the team in charge of this study. Submitting your contact information does not obligate you to participate in research.
The study team should get back to you in a few business days.